Helping Design Leaders be their Best Selves
Heads of Design often have no one to turn to—neither their bosses nor peers have design backgrounds. I fill that gap through deep 1-on-1 conversations that help Heads of Design tackle their trickiest challenges.
Recent discussions addressed:
- Scaling from 30 to 100 team members
- Building career architectures and leveling frameworks
- Improving recruiting and hiring practices
- Establishing Design Operations
- Elevating Design’s impact in the company
- Evolving product development practices to better incorporate design throughout the process
- Articulate a strategic vision to align product efforts
Working with me, you accelerate your thought processes, and make decisions with far greater confidence.
Think of me as a management consultant with a focus on Design Organizations. Companies contract me for a range of organization design needs, which I fulfill either on a defined-project basis or as an embedded member of your team.
Contact me about Design Organizations
Design leaders emerge from practitioner backgrounds, and often struggle fulfilling their new roles, as the skills that helped them succeed as a designer are not those that will help them lead and manage others.
Having lead teams for 20 years, I know these challenges firsthand. And I’ve worked hard to develop my ‘craft’ of design leadership. I will work with you to figure out how best to realize leadership potential within your design organization. Approaches include training and workshops, leadership assessment, and ongoing coaching and advising.