I offer workshops as an opportunity to dig into the thornier issues of design organizations and design leadership.
These workshops were created for public presentation, and thus are designed to be broadly applicable. If you are interested in me teaching these workshops in-house, we will set up some time beforehand to find out how I can tailor them to suit your specific situation.
Design Your Design Organization
1 or 2 days
My flagship workshop, initially drawn from Org Design for Design Orgs, and expanded and evolved through teaching since the book came out.
This workshop takes you step by step through the considerations necessary to build an effective design organization.
- The Expanded Role of Design
- Organizational Models for Design
- Organizing Principles for Design Teams
- Design in the Broader Organization
- Establishing Design Culture
- Role Definition, Skills Taxonomy, and Scope of Influence
- Maintaining Quality and Productivity
- The Business Value of Design
- Design at Scale
- Team Leadership
- Levels Framework / Career Ladder
- People Management for Designers
- Establishing a DesignOps and Design Program Management Practice